Friday, April 2, 2010

St. Patrick's Day Mint Brownies


Hello again! In honor of St. Patricks day's March 17, last week I decided to make mint brownies! I checked a couple websites (betty crocker, some sites from google...) for some St. Patty's day themed desserts, and they suggested mint brownies because they were a "holiday favorite". One of my teachers, Ms. Goldstein, had read about my blog in the school newspaper and she gave me the recipe for brownies that she said were to die for so I decided to try them out! I doubled the recipe she gave me so I had about 48 brownies total. To make them "mint" brownies, I made a special frosting I found on the betty crocker website. You can find the frosting recipe by going to:

http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/easy-grasshopper-bars/4a95b06b-b11a-4598-834c-9884275aada7

The brownie recipe that I got from my teacher is as follows:

1 1/2 c. flour

1/2 t. baking soda

1/2 t. salt

2/3 c. butter

1 1/2 c. sugar

4 T. water

24 oz. chocolate chips

2 t. vanilla

4 eggs


Preheat oven - 325. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, salt, and baking soda. Set aside. In a sauce pan, combine the butter, sugar, and water. Melt and bring just to a boil; remove from heat. Add mint chocolate chips and vanilla. Stir until chocolate is melted and smooth.

Transfer to a large bowl. Add 1 egg at a time, beating well after each one. Add flour mixture a little at a time and stir until smooth. Stir in regular chocolate chips. Spread into 33x23x5 cm. pan (approximate measurements -- if your pan is a slightly different size, don't worry). Bake about 40 - 45 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.

Yields 4-5 dozen (depending on how large you cut them).


Here are some pictures:







The recipe was very easy to follow so I suggest you try them out whenever you have time! The brownies ended up tasting amazing and the frosting was very tasty as well. It was a little more liquidy then I thought it might be but everything turned out fine. I hope all of you had a wonderful St. Patrick's Day and until next time, stay blissful!


Sincerely,

The Blissful Baker


2 comments:

  1. Those bunnies are too cute! and they loook delicious!!
    I just want them to jump around in my backyard haha!
    stay blissful and beautiful

    -Cool Cat

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOPS! i meant to comment the bunnies and not the blissful brownies!
    IM SO SILLY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete