Thursday, January 10, 2013

A Time to Celebrate


The past month has been...hectic, exciting, eventful, but mostly it has been full of amazing memories with friends and family that I can't believe time went by this fast. Since my last post (about some of my friends birthdays) there have been countless more events (like more birthdays...) that I cannot wait to share.


For Thanksgiving I decided to make a dozen pumpkin pies, one for each of my best friends and my close family. Along with each pie was a personal, handwritten card sharing why I am so thankful to have each and every one of them in my life. The entire process of making these "pie presents" was a gift enough since I got to bake such delicious treats and share them with the people I love most, but the gratitude and thank you I received from everyone back really made it worth while.

Mess in the kitchen...

Pies taking over my dinning room table!



For my mom and grandmother's birthdays that are only a day apart (I know, so adorable...) my sister and I hosted a dinner party for my family for the first time ever. After days of picking wine glasses, creating a menu, and buying decorations for such a happy occasion we surprised our intimate family of nine with a beautifully decorated dining table, an Italian feast, and a gingerbread cake frosted with my very own, homemade cream cheese frosting.
      






When Brittany's 20th birthday finally came around I made my second ice cream cake in my baking career but used this time I had more experience and knowledge so I could make a better, more proportional looking cake (compared to the tall mountain of ice cream and cake which I made before...). While I don't have pictures of the inside, heres a glimpse of the triple layer chocolate cake and cookies-and-cream ice cream cake I made for one of my dearest and oldest friends.

Baskin Robbins is sooo last year...

There's definitely more to share (like the intimate Hanukkah party I hosted for my friends, my perfect New Years with friends in Miami, and the cake I'm planning to make sometime soon -- but I'll save that for another post this week and let you guys enjoy this bite of my blog for now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment