Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Previews and Pictures

Happppy Tuesday everybody!! Sounds like a contradiction, no? It's still so far from the weekend, I have hours of homework ahead of me, and I can't stop thinking of baking supplies I want to buy from Michael's Arts and Crafts...

Nonetheless, we still have a lot to be thankful for (like chocolate, the best friends a girl can ask for, and more chocolate...) so let's get happy and start blogging :)

 Great news: I have a first official client who put in an order for one of my cakes! Even though she's one of my family friends so I'm not really sure if that counts (I'd like to think it does!), she asked me to make a cake for a party she's hosting this weekend. Since I'm always nervous and excited for these kind of things I obviously make a practice cake this weekend...

I wont be putting up pictures of the cake I made this weekend just so that next week when I blog about the cake and share pictures it's that much more special. But, I will tell you it went amazingly well and I'll share this recipe of the best red velvet cake I've made ever.

So around now is the time that I should probably confess I was a little bit of a thief this weekend and stole Sprinkles cream cheese frosting recipe :/ Not that it's hidden or anything, but when my friend had a sudden craving for Sprinkles this week and we stopped by the store and they just happened to have the frosting recipe printed out on those adorable cupcake mix tins... I had to check it. So after (quickly) jotting it down, I spent the next day testing this recipe out and let me tell you it rocks.

(The Best Ever) Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe

8 oz. Cream Cheese, room temperature
1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature

1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt

3 3/4 cups powdered confectioners sugar


Basically, I first set the mixer on medium-high and blended the cream cheese and butter together, then slowly added the other ingredients in that order. The vanilla extract I usually use in my recipes has a brownish tint, but I bought this colorless-vanilla extract (from Michael's of course) so that the frosting could still have that bright, whiteness to it that gives it such a great contrast with the red velvet cake.

I highly recommend this frosting since it not only has great taste but texture as well! And since I won't torture you with all of this writing non-sense and not provide you with anything to feast your eyes on since let's be honest, this is a baking blog and you're probably expecting to see a picture of a cupcake or something... I'll share some pretty pictures that have motivated and inspired me recently. Hope you enjoy them too :)

Elegant & Clean

- cheers to independence -

Food Art


No Pain, No Gain

No comments:

Post a Comment